Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Custom SNES Channels

Okay, after many hours I've modified Snes9xGX for the Wii (and I guess the GameCube too), to load just a single game. What are the advantages of this? Well now you can build your own custom SNES ROM channels that look authentic and are accessible from the Wii Menu!

I decided to take up the project because Snes9xGX I find to be a lot nicer than the Virtual Console. It also offers much more features than the Virtual Console such as the ability to re-map buttons (Useful for games like Super Mario World where the buttons are mapped in such a manner it's awkward to play with the Game Cube controller), save-states, and a few other features. Overall, it's nicer to use.

So just in case anyone was interested I re-mapped the buttons for Super Mario World U and made an NTSC-U channel for anyone who's interested. If you are interested please comment and I will make more wads and upgrade the code so others can use it (Right now it need to be re-compiled for each new game but I believe I could fix that). Also if you're interested in the source code I would be happy to upload it here for you to download, until then here's Super Mario World U for an NTSC-U console (This will NOT replace any current Super Mario World installed)!


Notes:

It has USB support the just have to modify the "settings.xml" and change the values of "Load Method" and "Save Method" to 0 instead of 1.

UPDATE

Due to a good response I'll be posting more WADs here (I want to go for 5 a week so please request): SNES GX (Wii) Games

8 comments:

  1. Could you make one for Starfox 2?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eventually...Kinda got my hard drive melted...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to request SUPER ALESTE.

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the sources :)

    I'd love to see this for other emus too...nes. sms, smd, neo etc.

    Anyway, thanks a bunch m8 :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I quit a game my Wii blackscreens and needs hard reboot.

    4.2 Pal
    bootmii on boot2 with auto load HBC enabled.
    HBC 1.0.8

    This is maybe trying to return to the loader imo and failing. Remember the HBC title ID has changed now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I realize this was posted a very long time ago...but would you be able to create a channel for the DeJap Star Ocean translation? Its too big to inject, and I'm dying to play it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry, I haven't been doing this for quite some time. You may check out Wiiso or Wii-hacks (I think that's the same). And I know one or both of those forums have information about creating your own channels using one of the wads I have on this blog.

    ReplyDelete